There are few things more frightening and painful than being harmed in an auto accident due to another party’s negligence, though auto accidents occur every single day here in the state of Georgia. If you’ve been injured in a car accident due to no fault of your own, you should contact the Marietta car accident lawyer here at the Miller Law Practice, LLC today to learn more about how our firm can help you through every step of the personal injury claims process ahead.
Marietta Car Accident Lawyer | No Win, No Fee
If you’ve been injured in a car accident because of another driver’s negligence, you should strongly consider hiring a Marietta personal injury lawyer who has handled countless car accident cases on behalf of his clients in the past. Attorney Miller is here to help. Further, you can have an added layer of confidence in our firm, as we operate on a contingency fee basis. Simply put, this means that if we do not win, you do not pay us.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur for a multitude of reasons, and at times, such as with single-person crashes due to inclement weather conditions, they are inevitable. However, in most cases, car accidents are caused by negligence. Some of the most common types of driver negligence that our firm sees on the road today are as follows:
- Distracted driving (e.g. texting while driving)
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drowsy driving
- Unsafely changing lanes
- Failing to use blinkers
- Ignoring traffic lights and signs
- Ignoring all other rules and regulations of the road
What to do After a Car Accident
If you are injured in a car accident, there is a chance you may be unable to do anything other than await the arrival of emergency services. However, if you can, you should take the following steps to document the facts surrounding your accident:
- Call the police to the scene of the accident. They will write up a police report and send medical services.
- Ask the other driver for his or her insurance information and keep conversation to a minimum. Never apologize, even out of politeness, for this may be misconstrued as admitting fault.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their contact information and a written or recorded statement regarding the accident as they saw it happen.
- Take pictures of any damage to your vehicle, the other driver’s vehicle, and any property that was involved in the accident, such as guard rails, traffic signs, or buildings.
- Receive immediate medical attention. Not only can a medical professional ensure that your injuries are properly and promptly treated, but he or she will also provide you a copy of all medical documentation/bills associated with your injury, which we can later use to prove the extent of the damages that you’ve sustained as a result of your accident.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable Marietta car accident lawyer who can work to obtain all additional forms of evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim, including security camera footage of your accident.
- Refrain from posting on social media once you file your claim. Oftentimes, insurance companies will monitor your social media accounts to see if you post anything that even remotely contradicts your claim. If they do, they will most likely use that picture or video as “evidence” that you are not truly injured, even if they have to take the post out of context.
Additional Auto Accident Claims Our Marietta Personal Injury Lawyer Handles
The Miller Law Practice, LLC handles a wide array of additional auto accident claims, including the following:
- Mass Transit Accidents: Most of us never worry about sustaining a serious injury while on a train or a bus, as these forms of public transportation are generally safe, reliable, and pose very little risk of accidents. However, there are times where buses and trains do crash, and if you were involved in a bus or train accident, you are most likely not the only passenger injured. Our Marietta personal injury lawyer is here to help you recover the compensation you need after being wrongfully injured in a mass transit accident.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Georgia has the ideal weather and scenery for motorcycle riding, so it is no secret why so many people throughout our state enjoy taking their bikes out for nice Sunday drives. However, motorcycles do not afford those who ride them the same protection as other motor vehicles, such as cars, and if you were in a motorcycle accident with a car, truck, or another motor vehicle, you were most likely seriously injured. You can count on us to fight for your rightful compensation.
- Truck Accidents: Those who operate 18-wheelers often work long hours into the night, which, invariably, causes sleepiness. Furthermore, trucks are complicated machines to operate. Combined, these two factors drastically increase the chances of an accident occurring, and if you were injured in an accident with a commercial truck, you need a lawyer who you can trust to fight for the compensation you need to get back on your feet again.
If you’ve been injured in any auto accident, you can depend on our team of personal injury attorneys to provide you with the quality legal representation you deserve.
After an accident, you may recover compensation for two types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages are awarded to cover the monetary cost of your injury, such as the cost of medical bills, lost wages, and more, while non-economic damages seek to compensate you for emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other non-monetary damages you’ve incurred as a result of your accident. Ensure you file your personal injury claim within two years of the date of your accident, in accordance with the state’s statute of limitations. Failing to do so may permanently relinquish your right to sue.
Contact Our Marietta Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been hurt in an auto accident as a result of another party’s negligence, you can depend on Attorney Miller to tirelessly work towards the compensation you require to heal. Contact the Miller Law Practice, LLC today to schedule your initial consultation.