For nearly a decade, the Marietta slip and fall lawyer here at the Miller Law Practice, LLC has dedicated his legal career to serving accident victims in Cobb County and throughout the state of Georgia. Contact our firm today to learn more about slip and fall accidents and how we can help you win your rightful compensation if you have been wrongfully injured in one.
Marietta Slip and Fall Lawyer | Helping Accident Victims in Georgia
Property owners who fail to uphold their legal obligation to keep their premises safe should be held accountable, especially when their negligence resulted in a serious injury. Our Georgia personal injury lawyer is on your side.
Common Places Where Slip and Fall Accidents Occur
Some of the most common places where slip and fall accidents occur here in Georgia are as follows:
- Sidewalks & Parking Lots: Oftentimes, slip and fall accidents will occur on sidewalks or in parking lots due to poor conditions, such as potholes, uneven pavement, and more. In other cases, these accidents are the result of standing water, debris left unmoved, and more.
- Supermarkets & Retail Stores: Supermarket and retail store management/staff are responsible for ensuring their premises are safe for shoppers. When they fail to do so, serious accidents can occur as a result. Some of the most common causes of supermarket/retail store accidents include poorly-placed floor mats, spills left unattended, merchandise falling from shelves, and more.
- Unsafe Apartment Buildings: Landlords are legally obligated to ensure that their premises are safe before renting them out to prospective tenants. When they don’t and a tenant is injured, that person may have a valid premises liability claim.
- Some of the most frequent causes of apartment building accidents include unsafe stairwells, the failure to install smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, unsafe living conditions (disturbed asbestos, unclean tap water, etc.), unsafe apartment complex playgrounds and recreational grounds, and more.
Keep in mind that these are just some of the most common places where slip and fall accidents can occur, and that serious slip or trip and fall accidents can happen virtually anyplace, anywhere, and if you were injured in one, our firm is here to help.
Proving a Premises Liability Claim
To prove a premises liability claim, you and your Marietta slip and fall lawyer will have to gather and present sufficient evidence to prove that:
- The property owner knew or should have reasonably known about the unsafe property condition.
- The property owner failed to take action to fix the unsafe property condition timely.
- You were injured as a direct result of the failure to resolve the safety hazard.
- You sustained damages as a result of your injury.
Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations for premises liability claims in Georgia is, generally, two years, giving you two years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the liable party. That being said, if you were injured on property owned by the government or a municipality, you will have to file a Notice of Claim within one year of the date of your injury. If you’ve been hurt on someone else’s property, the time to act is now, and we are here to help.
Contact Our Marietta Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you’ve been injured as a result of a negligent property owner, do not delay–our Cobb County slip and fall lawyer is ready to fight, tooth-and-nail, for the compensation you deserve. Contact the Miller Law Practice, LLC today to schedule your initial consultation with our firm.